Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yippee!

Tomorrow afternoon I will be saying "guten tag" to my sweet hubby after his 6 day trip to Germany.

Here are some observations I have made while he was on his trip. He doesn't go out of town much (thankfully) so things are pretty noticeable.

1. Chris is a big part of our nighttime routine and my kids sure have trouble going to sleep without him. (Me too!!)

2. I think that when he is away I smile and laugh about half as much as I do when he is around. He definitely is my comic relief! He's been making me smile and laugh since I was 11 years old and that's a big part of why I love him so much. Hurry home Chris, before my smile muscles start to atrophy!!

3. It's not nearly as much fun watching the Office when he is away. I learned that a couple weeks ago when he was in Atlanta. I watched it but feel asleep! (Blasphemy! I know) I needed his loud laughing at Michael Scott to keep me awake!!

4. I watch sports even when he is gone. The noise of sports is comforting to me. It didn't feel like Sunday til I had Joshua turn on the cowboy game, I even had baseball on last night to drown out the lonely.

5. A night or two of having the whole bed to myself is nice, after that I don't much care for it.

Can't wait til tomorrow! So I can smile, watch the Office and snuggle up with my man!!!

2 comments:

JL said...

Nothing will ever top the emotion I saw from you all yesterday. IT was priceless! You all are such a sweet family! I love being your friend!

Changed by His Love said...

Germany??? Why, per se, did he go to Germany and not take you?
And yeah, heard he was in Atlanta about 2 blocks from us...uh huh...did we actually SEE him? No. Hope his trip was fun.