Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I hope you are all enjoying a restful holiday season! I know I am! I finished work on Friday saying goodbye to 22 sweet children, praying they would have a safe and blessed Christmas. I look forward to seeing them in the new year! Now I am having a great time just being with my 2 favorite kids in the world, sleeping in, hanging out and playing. It's funny how quickly I can fall right back into lazy summer type habits! It's a gift.

We celebrated Christmas with my side of the family on Sunday night. It was a crazy blast. Lots of food and gifts wrapped in a blanket of noise and laughter, tied together with a ribbon of love. I had a "moment" as my children were giving their hugs goodbye to their grandparents and great grandmother. I was just standing at the door holding back silly tears, thinking how incredibly blessed my children are to have these people in their lives. They don't understand it now, but I hope one day they do.

I think they will.

Now my sweet man is off for a few days and we have some more celebrating to do, enjoying the season together, reflecting on the most incredible truth I have ever heard.

And the angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Merry Christmas

No comments: