Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September?

September, September where for art thou, September...

I can't believe my last post was on September 12th! Yikes! It may still feel like the summer time here in Texas but my schedule certainly points to the fact that fall has arrived. It really hasn't "arrived" that sounds way too calm, it's more like it bulldozed or blindsided me like some of the hits I have seen on TV with the arrival of football season.

Within in this "transistion" time of re-entering the work world, the sports world also begun. Therefore, so did my regular duties of equipment manager, team driver, head cheerleader and snack chic (I coordinated the snack schedule for Joshua's baseball team and I am insisting that I be referred to as the snack chic instead of the snack mom, snack mom sounds like some over bearing, "mom jean" wearing woman who has nothing else to do but worry about what her little boy is ingesting, and it pains me to think that I might be thought of that way. So from here on out it's snack chic! capish?) wew, how was that for a side note!

All that to say, life is busy. I don't dread the sports at all. I know that makes me in the major minority. I was observing life around me the other day as I was walking into the ball fields and I was just saddened by it all. Irritated, stressed out moms barking at their kids, kids looking a bit wearied, some crying cause they lost the game, dad's heavy burdened with lawn chairs and looks of obligation. I just wanted to say, "Why are you out here? if you don't like it, don't do it." Why do we ALL seem to think that sports is somewhere in this mysterious, never ever seen, handbook of parenting? I didn't do sports growing up and I am somewhat normal! (Hmmmm, maybe that is the real underlying reason I don't "play well with others!) HA!! Anyway, I get a great joy from watching my kids enjoy their sports and if and when they find some other passion, I will get great joy from that as well. It's not the actual sport that I care about, it's what life in all it's experiences brings to my children, whether it's baseball, soccer, art, reading, guitar, etc. Now if I could just get all those unhappy faces I saw the other night, to just see it my way, wouldn't that be better!

Well, here are some sporty pics from lately. Joshua has a game tonight so I will continue in all my jobs of equipment manager, driver, head cheerleader (this just means loudest) and snack chic!

All I have to say is no homerun=no dinner! Thats how we handle it at the Havard house! ha ha!!

That's Joshua behind the plate

She looks good in bright orange!!

2 comments:

Nat Pat said...

so glad you're blogging again. and i agree, snack chic fits you better.

JL said...

Welcome Back! We missed you!