Saturday, September 1, 2007

Superman!!!


I wanted to take a moment and give a little public praise to my man Chris!!! I was talking to a friend this morning about the first week of school etc. and she asked, "So was Chris SuperChris this week?" I laughed and said of course, which set me to thinking and now blogging about how awesome my husband is to me.

He has been super extra sweet to me all week. I think he might be fearful that I could go over the edge at any moment since I am going back to work after a 10 year hiatus. It's not very pretty when I go over the edge!! I am just kidding, he really truly does spoil me rotten all the time!

Monday started my first day of work, and he was up and out early to get me my favorite: taquitos from Whataburger and then he sent me out the door with a funny card with some very encouraging words to start my week off right.

He grocery shops on Fridays and ladies, I don't mean he just grabs some milk and bread and forgets everything else. He gets everything, puts it away and even takes all the fruit and washes it, cuts it up so it's ready to go. Dreamy!

This week he went above and beyond the call of duty and even returned a dress of Jessica's that didn't fit and picked out another one, the right size and VERY cute. I told him that I was very impressed and he replied, "I wasn't born yesterday, you know"

One night he took care of bedtime routines with the kids so I could attempt a run. I came home and the house was all quiet. They had bathed, brushed, read and were off to sleep.

Friday he picked up a yummy dinner for us from Central Market and we actually sat just the two us in the dining room and ate together. That was nice.

I love this guy not just because he is "SuperChris" but for so many other reasons as well. He works hard at his job and makes a difference in many peoples lives everyday. People at the Heights just love him and that is so rewarding for me to watch. He loves his kids and is a very good dad! Always wants what's best for them and willing to sacrifice for that. He wants our marriage to be awesome and healthy and is always willing to do what it takes to help us make that happen.
So just a little public praise and thank you to my hottie hubby!
I love you Chris.

I know I don't deserve him, but I sure am glad I have him!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

aww...that is so sweet! Good job Chris!!

Anonymous said...

Well - It looks like that raise he received from his inlaws to keep you has worked - just a family joke. Isn't it great to have someone in your life you love and adore the way you love Chris. I am sure this humble man is blushing at the praise. What is also wonderful to know is that you began falling in love early increasing the years you have together - just like your dad and me. We have known each other for 43 of our 56 years. I, like you are fortunate to have found my life partner at an early age.
Mom/Kit

Nat Pat said...

wow...what a guy...and those whataburger taquitos are the best...

Alisa said...

God definitely knew what he was doing when he put you two together. You got a good one - and he is even a good griller who does dishes!!

JL said...

what a find! Do you think it would be bad to post your blog on my fridge, just a friendly reminder...