Dear Friend,
It was so good to meet with you early this morning. I have missed our pre-dawn meetings through out the cold January and February months. I didn't know until this morning just how good you are to me. Meeting up with you helps me in so many ways and I know that I take you for granted, I will try to do better. You are the ultimate confidant under the blanket of stars and moon, you listen closely to my thoughts and even help me to keep my perspective. I love that you are as moody and temperamental as I, maybe this is why we get along so well. I am never quite sure, when we meet, what exactly I am in store for. You have your good days and bad days too. You are so good at pulling out the knot in my stomach and replacing that with healthier things. So here's to you my friend, Running, may we meet again soon!
So that was pretty dorky, that's ok. If you don't run then I bet you thought that was super duper-dorky! (kinda like saying "super duper") I got up this morning to run, I haven't done that in so long and I was thinking as I was running, how much I love this. By this I mean the kind of run when your legs feel strong and you can actually feel the ball of stress that sits in my stomach unwind and just leave. Where the only reason you quit is because you have to get ready for work. It's that type of run that keeps you running, because due to no tangible reason, your next run is hard, slow, and painful. You live for the "good run"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, a little dorky, but still funny! I will turn on my sprinklers if I know you are coming...
I followed a link on a friend's blog, then another link on another blog and got to yours! Glad I found it! I can't identify with running, except that someday I hope to be able to - but I am glad to be able to read your posts because you brightened my day!
Post a Comment