Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Detoxed

SO I really did it! I gave up coffee that day that I wrote that last post. I haven't had a cup of creamer with a dash of coffee since Friday morning! I switched to green tea. They say that's good for ya, something about "free radicals" and "antioxidants", I thought those were some really out there liberal groups, apparently not though.

My fear is that I have lost all creative thoughts with the loss of the caffeine, I have wanted to update my blog for several days and each time I think to do it, I gotta whole lotta nuthin!

My students had to write a poem last week that I thought was fun, so I thought I should give it a try, it's what we called "I use to, but now I"

I use to be terrified to speak in public,
but now I only feel a little sick if I have to.

I use to drink coffee,
but now I drink green tea.

I use to hate spinach,
but now I like it.

I use to think I would NEVER go back to work,
but now I teach 4th grade.

I use to think baseball was boring,
but now I love to watch it. (one team only)

I use to think I always had to have a boyfriend,
but now I hope Jessica NEVER thinks that.

I use to hate excercise,
but now I like it (can't say love just yet)


I use to love to do crafty things
but now not so much.


I use to want to be a doctor
but now I just go to Web md

I use to be able to eat whatever I wanted
but now I have to watch what I eat


Ok this is boring... I bet my students didn't like it either. Oh well.

3 comments:

JL said...

I used to hate coffee now I love it!
I used to hate to write, now I love it!
I used to love fast food, now I hate it! (at least that is what I am telling myself)

Good Times!

Nat Pat said...

way to go! i've heard too that green tea can help speed up your metabolism too? am i making that up?

Steven Manuel said...

Hi Leray! Why didn't I know you had a blog until I overheard it from Shane Miller? That's poopy diapers bad! What gives?