
I bet you didn't know this but my kids invented Lemon Coke. I was reminded of this today at the grocery store. Since summer is here, Joshua and Jessica will now be my companions on the weekly grocery shopping trip. I think it might be good for them to go, especially when Joshua commented "You do this EVERY week" when he saw the final amount. Maybe he will appreciate the food we have a little more.
Anyway back to my story. So about 2 years ago we were at a restaurant in Atlanta with some friends. Jessica took the lemon from my tea (sweet of course) and I had allowed them to have a coke that night. So she starts "experimenting" and squeezing the lemon in the coke and having Joshua do some taste testing etc. Well they were quite pleased with themselves and felt that they had come up with something new. I jumped on board and said, "Wow I bet Coke would love to know about this I will give them a call tonight and tell them what you came up with." They actually believed me. So a few days later we were at the store and I told them that Coke loved the idea so much they were going to make some, so we checked back in the soft drink aisle and there... it... was.... LEMON COKE. I wish I had a picture of Jessica's face when she saw it and of course Joshua started commenting on how they better pay us for the idea. (my little accountant) So I had a little chuckle inside and moved on. I even had my mom call them and mention to the kids that she had tried this cool new drink lemon coke, had they heard of it. My mom is always willing to get in on a scam.
Skip ahead 2 years to this morning at the store. Jessica said, "Hey do you remember when I invented Lemon Coke?" Joshua (not to be out done) says, Hey! I helped, I was the taste tester and told you to add more lemon, and they never paid us" So we quickly had to get to the soft drink aisle and look for it. It... wasn't... there... bummer. I told them that maybe it wasn't popular enough, so then Jessica said, "I guess we will just have to work on something new."
So the next time you have a lemon coke, remember to thank the Havard kids.
2 comments:
Tell the kids that every time I pull into Sonic and order my Rt 44 Diet Coke with Lemon I will think of them. Which just so happens to be every day! (grin)
Post a Comment