Finally yesterday I felt like it was Summer! I love how relaxed I feel when Summer comes. Of course it takes a couple of days it seems for me to give into it all together. I have decided that Memorial Day could possible be a stay at home moms version of going "cold turkey". There is no easing into this change called Summer. No way! One day you get the kids to school, move along at your normal pace, house is quiet, straightened up, hubby is a work, etc etc, then Memorial Day weekend hits and all of sudden, Wham! EVERYONE is home, EVERYONE is taking apart your straightened house, making lots of noise, needing something every few minutes and I have moments of thinking, "What are you all doing here in the middle of the afternoon disturbing my peaceful little schedule" Then I just simply exhale, take it all in, and remember how much I love summer. No lunches to be made each evening, no clothes to lay out, no homework to go over, no rush rush rush. I get to be "fun mom" and play and not nag to get them out the door on time for school, or check and recheck the calendar so I get everyone where they need to be. When they wake up in the morning I can actually snuggle with them because I'm not scrambling to get out the door. My biggest worry is, "Gee do I have any dry, clean towels to take to the pool today?" They can stay in their cute little PJ's til noon or stay in their swimsuits til dark. Breathe it in, I love summer.
Now if the clouds will just clear I will be heading to the pool (again) and start working on my tan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so glad you are bloggin!
I'll never forget one year at Beach Camp in Panama City (ha, those were the days) when you said how much you loved tan hands and tan feet. Hope yours are coming right along!
I love summer because it's so casual. Flip flops, comfy-tee, and jeans. (maybe even shorts - depends on the tan!)
I am ready! No work...No VBS...No babies...SUMMER IS HERE! See you at the pool!
Post a Comment