OK! OK! OK!!! So after "quote of the week" seems to have bombed (read: 0 comments) I have to admit my pain and issues to you!! Ready? Are you sure?
Hello my name is LeRay Havard and I am a "commentaholic"
Sad but true. Everyday for many years, more often than I feel I should admit to, I check my email. I get a good little rush from the envelope icon that pops up to tell me I have an email coming in. I even try to guess who it might be before it pops up, just for funsies. Imagine my sadness when the "junk email" goes bold and I know it's no one.
Even when I was subbing at the school and I would get an email, this loud "ding" sound would play and I could be in the middle of a lesson and feel a cold sweat coming on because, I... just... need.... to... go.... check....
Ok so this sick obsession has now carried over to my blog. If I had known what this blog would have exposed about me I don't know if I would have started it. You see, now I check my email and then feel this overwhelming urge to click "internet" "favorites" "my blog" to see if anyone has left me a comment. SO just picture pathetic little me clicking away and see "0 comments" for the umpteenth time that day, and then I just kinda get a small little pouty face and then try to pretend I don't care. That's the rub: I do care!! I hate being needy, ask anyone in my family, they will tell you.
Why can't I just be happy and content writing my thoughts and leaving it at that? Why must I have the feedback? Now when I go to other peoples blog, if I actually know them, I will try to leave more comments, since I know how painful it can be (ha ha). Unless of course they are they type that write a blog and have 25 comments in one day. To that I say "NO FAIR!!" If I don't know the person, I am scared to leave a comment, thinking they might think I am a "blog stalker", I just don't know the etiquette there, do you introduce yourself, do you try to explain how you found their blog, etc.
Ok so if you want you can feed my addiction and post a comment (just a simple Hi will work), or if you wish for me to continue down the hard road of recovery then remain silent.
Oh the blogging issues...who would have thought
10 comments:
do i get points for leaving the first comment? that's gotta be worth something....
Okay, that is the funniest thing I have ever read! I know what you mean about checking for emails, I get the same rush. If I had a quarter for every time I checked my email in a day...I would be one rich chick!
hey there! I saw your blog on Sim's page! hi!!!
Hilarious! Your honesty makes me wonder if we should start a 12 step program.
look what happens when you open your heart and share your deep needs with others... (smile)
I am feeling the love.
Yes Natalie, you get mega points for being first and Jenn, definately start the 12 stepper, i will be first to sign up.
I am leaving you a comment b/c i can and i want to and i'm just as much a slave to this stupid thing.
leray, you are so funny!!! i can totally relate with you on the email stuff...i LOVE email. i don't like to talk on the phone, and pen and paper aren't much to me either...but email, it's my favorite! and getting one, SO GREAT! i laughed throughout your post because your honesty is refreshing and i can so relate. you are too cute, really! i love reading your blog ;)
angie
Oh. My. Word! It's really YOU!!! And I read this post outloud to my loving husband who proudly proclaimes, WE KNOW HER! I am SOOOOO excited you joined blogging world! Now, you have to learn to set up a list of blogging buddies! :) I am so glad to see pics of you and Chris - we do indeed miss you and drive by your old house every now and then...okay, we drive past the neighborhood, since now they are building a HUGE park nearby. hee hee. So glad we can keep in touch by blog - I love your stories! :)
just really wanted you to see your "9" ;)
xoxo
I never knew what was wrong with me but I to am a "commentaholic"
There, I said it! Whew! I absolutely love commenting and seeing comments on emails and now "thank you Lord".... bloggerist has hit me hard...
I am a friend of Karen's and she told me to check you out.!
Post a Comment