Well, in just few weeks I will be embarking on a new season of life. After being a stay at home mom for 10 years I am going back to teaching. I am sure that I will have much more to blog about that in the future, but for now I get to remain in denial that summer is coming to a close because Friday we leave for our 3rd and final trip of the summer. The four of us are heading to Horn Creek (www.horncreek.org) for a week of family fun in the mountains. We have never been before but have heard so many great things about it from several friends. We have been truly spoiled this summer with all the fun things to do, that I am anticipating a huge case of PVD to set in when we return. PVD, well that stands for
Post
Vacation
Depression. I usually have a strong case of it after our S. Padre trip but this year I have been able to keep it at bay since I know we have one more trip. There is no known cure for PVD (except more trips of course).
For those that are wondering how the training for the half marathon is going (see post below)here is the update:
Well, I pressed "print" on my computer and printed out the training schedule and walked down the stairs, circled the final "Half" and wrote Dec. 9th on the paper, stuck it up on the fridge. I was tired after that and had to go lay down. Whew!
7 comments:
you're funny, ms. havard.
Training hard I see! Mark has yet to officially sign up, but he has started his pre-pre-marathon training. He is trying to get back up to running 3 or 4 miles straight before he can even consider 13. Keep up the good work! ha ha
Hey Leray! I found an old email with your blog info and have enjoyed reading all about your adventures. We had such a nice time with you guys in Padre...now back to reality, and I mean REALITY. The Pan Mass is this weekend, and if I can do that - you can do that half marathon!!! BTW - Manny made a very generous donation on behalf of the Padre gang - so sweet.
So anyway, good luck with the training...you'll be just fine. And ENJOY the trip to the mountains - sounds like a great time even without boogie boards around!
-Chrysa
hope you guys have a blast in CO!
going back to teaching huh? That's so cool! And I cannot believe you're doing a marathon! That is so amazing! I can totally see you rocking that! Have fun at camp!
LOL!!! Loved your hard-core training adventures thus far! At least you've made it that far!
And thank you for explaining what was wrong with me tonight. I just returned from a week with my sister in FL, and clearly I now realize that I am an officially diagnosed PVD patient!
Help me! lol
WOW! I needed a Sonic drink just reading your workout, LOL! Don't worry I have already moved my "When summer gets here..." goals to "when school starts..." goals. : )
Post a Comment