"Love is the sacrifice of self"
I really like this definition of love because it's so simple straightforward and SOOOO true.
I think about this quote often:
- like when I hear new moms-to-be talk about what is happening to their bodies, I think yes, that's love, giving up your body, they have no idea what's about to happen to their hearts.
- like when I hear Chris say "yes" to Joshua to go throw the baseball, even though he just got home from work and I know he's tired, I think, yes that's love, giving up your time.
- like when I see Jessica or Joshua give into what the other is asking, I smile and think, yes that's love and they don't even realize it.
- like when I watched both sets of my grandparents take care of their ill spouses with patience and tenderness, I think yes that's love
- like when I read about what Jesus did for us or see a picture of the cross, I think yes, that's love, amazing love, the sacrifice of self.
4 comments:
I think so many people think that love is about self, but it truly is sacrifice of themselves. Well put.
Rock on. That is a great quote and great examples. Preach it, sista!
I have to agree with Sim. Well said. I needed to be reminded of that.
oh, and don't worry about the yard...i won't be judging it...but i can't speak for josh...
Post a Comment