When we lived in Atlanta we were really close friends with The Holmes family. Chris and Russ were on staff together and Cathy and I hit it off right away. Their daughter Sarah is the same age as Joshua and their son Tyler is the same age as Jessica. Perfect! We played, hung out, swapped kids for date nights, met at McDonalds, went camping, ate dinner every Wednesday night together for 3 years! As you can imagine of all the things in Georgia I miss, the Holmes are BIG on that list.
Well we are now in Texas and the Holmes are now in Alabama, but thankfully they make the trip to Dallas every summer to see family. They are always sweet enough to work us in. Today was the day! It's been on every calendar in our house for months. It had been a year since we had seen them. I LOVE how these four kids pick up like they had never been apart. I got choked up watching all four sitting along the poolside today. I can almost see them 3 years younger. They are all taller, a bit more mature but still have a blast together. Cathy and I just spent the last 6 hours talking like two high school girls. FUN!!! They just left and nobody wanted them to go. I will hear a few "I miss Sarah and Tyler" comments for a little while. These types of friendships, that stand the test of time and miles, are rare and I am grateful to have this one.
Oh and I love that my friend likes to paint her toes crazy colors too! Look at the picture! On a side note, Joshua has nicknamed me "throw up toes" when he saw this color. He says that is my name until I change back to a normal color of polish. Well little does he know that tomorrow when he wakes up his little piggies will have been painted the same shade as mine!! Ha Ha (input sinister mommy laugh)
Well we are now in Texas and the Holmes are now in Alabama, but thankfully they make the trip to Dallas every summer to see family. They are always sweet enough to work us in. Today was the day! It's been on every calendar in our house for months. It had been a year since we had seen them. I LOVE how these four kids pick up like they had never been apart. I got choked up watching all four sitting along the poolside today. I can almost see them 3 years younger. They are all taller, a bit more mature but still have a blast together. Cathy and I just spent the last 6 hours talking like two high school girls. FUN!!! They just left and nobody wanted them to go. I will hear a few "I miss Sarah and Tyler" comments for a little while. These types of friendships, that stand the test of time and miles, are rare and I am grateful to have this one.
Oh and I love that my friend likes to paint her toes crazy colors too! Look at the picture! On a side note, Joshua has nicknamed me "throw up toes" when he saw this color. He says that is my name until I change back to a normal color of polish. Well little does he know that tomorrow when he wakes up his little piggies will have been painted the same shade as mine!! Ha Ha (input sinister mommy laugh)
8 comments:
so, did you paint his nails?
AHHHHH!!! Now, I miss you BOTH! I love getting pictures from both of you to see how your kids have grown so much...I am sure you feel the same way about David! I mean, you were all there when he was born!! :) That's it...I am making Jeremy bring me to Dallas soon. :)
We feel the same way about the Miller's and how close our friendships are. Love you!
It is so great to have friendships that withstand the miles. You made me want to call our friends in Japan.
Hey...I am back now, we need to go to the pool or something. I gotta see those toes!
aahhh. it is great to have friends like that.
and 'throw up toes'? we'll have to see what my Josh thinks about that color. I'll suggest it to him next time he gets a pedicure. ;)
GReat toenail polish!
God bless you!
love this! so glad that you were able to spend sweet time with your friends. i love how much you love them! great great friends are such a blessing.
your little toes are so cute! ;)
Thank God for friends! Really good ones are few and far between (at least for me, but you know I'm kind of mean :o)), so I feel truly blessed to find the ones like I have in you (and my children in yours)!
Is that orange and lime green nail polish?? :)
Great photos.
Have a great weekend! :)
Post a Comment