Saturday, July 21, 2007

Until next year...







Tonight is our last night in S. Padre. I am sitting in our condo and I just got my two tired beach bums to bed and thought I might blog tonight instead of tomorrow since I know I will be up to my eyeballs in laundry tomorrow night after our long drive home. I am pretty sure we are transporting a few pounds of sand back with us. It's been such a fun week for us down here. There were about 30 of us down here, 12 of which were kids, so you can imagine the fun Joshua and Jessica had. We had a few spots of rain here and there but nothing to stop the fun and it certainly helped keep the normally stifling heat to a minimum. I always feel a little sad on this night, while I am ready to go home, sleep in my bed, etc, I still love being down here. I love the beach, watching the waves and just playing with my kids, but I think it's also something more. I love watching my children build strong memories with members of their extended family young and old. I love being able to lay on the beach with my sister and laugh and chat. I love being able to see my grandmother every day. I love watching a sea of eight great grandchildren running up from the beach each night to show their great grandmother all the sand crabs they caught. I love watching Jessica and her cousin hang together like sisters and Joshua boogie board in the waves for hours on end. I love being able to be with my parents each day and having them spoil my kids rotten. If I could get all this, I could care less where I was, the beach part is just the icing on the cake. So it's back to reality tomorrow (sorta it IS still summer, you know) but I sure gotta full love tank after this week!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Precious post. I love the beach myself...but the family fun and love y'all had is so much richer!

Alisa said...

What a great week - reading your blog made me tear up! I'm so glad you guys had fun - we sure missed you. I love the pics and love the matching shirts!!

Nat Pat said...

can't wait til Friday!!! can we bring anything?

oh, how did the puke toes hold up at the beach?

Alpeters said...

Your blog sums it up for me! We had a great time. The wonderful memories will keep me going until next summer but we should do some sister chatting and giggling before then.

XOXO,
Adrienne

JL said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT!
5 days and I get to fill my love cup too. It is amazing come October when I get so stressed how I can close my eyes and there I am feeling the sun and hearing my kids laugh at the seagulls. Cherish it!

Changed by His Love said...

Yeah! You're back! WOO HOO! Glad you had a wonderful time - you all look fabulously tan! :) Love you!