
With just a few clicks of my mouse and a few strokes on my keyboard I just agreed to do one of the most insane things I have EVER done. Completing this task is going to take every ounce of energy and "stick to itness" that I can muster. I just signed up for the white rock HALF marathon. YIKES. I will be the first to admit that I am no where near able to actually run 13.1 miles. In fact the thought of going that far makes me laugh out loud and my feet hurt!! I have alot of ground to cover (literally) in the next 4 months to accomplish this task and guess what my blogging friends, you get to go on this journey with me. See, sometimes I can be a quitter at stuff. I know that's not good, but it's true. When I am running sometimes I keep going JUST because I think "ok if you finish this run today then you can email/call (insert sister or sister in law or hubby's name) and they will be so proud of you. Isn't that silly that it takes that extrinsic motivation to make me keep going. Once I start training, which probably should have been yesterday, I will keep you posted on my progress. I am gonna need some good cheerleaders! I am going to follow this training plan if you want to see the insanity of it all.
Oh boy! What have I done???
10 comments:
Good for you crazy woman! Now we can cheer each other on - me for you and your crazy, I mean great marathon :o) and you for me just to get back into a regular workout program. My goals aren't quite as lofty as yours, but you've got to start somewhere I guess! You'll do great!
Oh and I forgot to mention I am gonna need to find 13 friends willing to space themselves out along the course as I run just in case I collapse, I am gonna need a ride back!!! Ha ha
yay! what a great goal! the half was my favorite distance..."was" because i don't run anymore...it's long enough to where you have to train for it but short enough where you recover fairly quickly. what a great goal. let's talk more about it on friday.
would you guys rather have a caesar salad or a regular one? which would go better with dinner?
Ok I must say anything that requires a "recovery period" should come with pain killers and sick pay, but if this is what you like...No Really I think it is awesome and I will take mile 13, I know you can do it and I will be happy to carry you home! (in my van)
are we supposed to bring lily or not?
Ohhh dear. I am motivated. For sure...you got me clapping already just for the bravery to sign up!
Well...count this blogging sister in for cheering you on in the blogging sidelines. And maybe I'll even be motivated to run more than the 3 times a week I do :( LOL!! Or not!?
Props to you girl!
yay for you!
avery and i run laps in our house...the extent of my marathon training cuz there ain't no marathon in my future...EVER!
LeRay - I just found you from Robin's blog. So fun that you guys do this! I've thought about it, but I just get exhausted thinking about adding one more thing to my plate right now! It's been since I worked with Chris at PBC that I've seen you - too long! I'm back in Dallas now with a 3.5 year old little girl - Allie. I can't believe your kids are so big! I remember the summer Joshua was born!
we had a BLAST last night. so fun to catch up. thanks for having us over!
leray, you are hilarious! i'm so proud of you for signing up to do the half! brad did it a couple of years ago and loved it. now he wants to do the full thing... ;0
i'm so impressed! you go, girl!
Post a Comment