Well I have made it through my first sememster of teaching after a 10 year "break". It was a fun day and I was thoroughly spoiled from start to finish! I am looking forward to my winter break and catching up on household stuff, scrapbook, time with family etc. My students sent me off in style yesterday. Thanks to them (and their parents) I could easily enjoy a FREE day that looks a little like this:
Head out the door and enjoy Starbucks, a GRANDE coffee AND a muffin and then I could make it to my 10:00 massage at Massage Envy. After that hour of relaxation I could then head to one of my favorite places, Barnes and Noble and pick out not just one book, but quite possible 3 or 4 thanks to my gift cards! Whew by then I will need a little nourishment so off to Pei Wei where I could have lunch and buy lunch for a friend!! Then I could head to Firewheel Shopping area and have my pick of places to shop and pick up something cute to wear when I head back to work. Just when you think this day of free fun is over, it's not, I can end the day quenching my thirst on a route 44 diet strawberry limeade!!! Oh and to top it off I have enough chocolate in my house right now to soothe the savage beast of about 50 PMSing women!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a call if you have a chocolate emergency, I'm your gal!!
So for this chic that LOVES gifts and LOVES free stuff, yesterday was great! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better Chris, in his usual style, topped it all. He fixed a very nice "you made it through half the year" dinner. Complete with steak, twice baked potatoes, sugar snap peas, rolls and cheesecake! He's so awesome!
To celebrate being on break I stayed up past 10:00 and actually watched a movie!
So I guess those little critters aren't so bad after all! (Just kidding, they are sweet) or they are just worried about their report cards and thought they better put in a last minute bribe. Ha!!
2 comments:
A good gift card can buy an A in any subject! HA! I am glad you were able to enjoy one of the perks.
i'll be THAT friend at Pei Wei...and the chocolate...you cleaned house, girl!
Post a Comment