Saturday, January 5, 2008

Not so Special!!!


Yes, I am back for a few more posts before I head back to work. Ok so after eating way too much over the holidays, and not running as much, the scale started to tip in the WRONG direction. I fell victim to the advertising promises and thought I would do the "Special K diet" and try to lose the promised 6 pounds in two weeks. So it's been a few days and well folks it ain't happening! So I go back and start to do a little more research and...
Oh, I am supposed to measure out how much cereal I put in my American sized portion bowl
Oh, I am supposed to use 2/3 cup SKIM milk
Hmmmmm, I guess I should have fully read the directions. I like my way much better. Pour the cereal in til it's full, and add the 2% milk til the cereal floats, inhale cereal and slurp the milk! I also added sugar to the protein cereal, oops! If I follow their way I will be STARVING!
I guess that's the point...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh! Now that I am looking closer at serving sizes I am amazed, too! No wonder I had time losing weight!!

Alisa said...

You goof! You don't need to lose any weight anyway!!

JL said...

It is me, I was trying some new things with my blog. Sorry to confuse you!

Shane said...

found your blog from Angie Iles - it has been awhile since i have seen you and Chris

all i remember is that we had a linguistics class together years ago at TAMU

i thought your description of eating cereal was great - especially the adding of the sugar

hope all is well
shane miller