Sunday, February 24, 2008

How do you decide...

I want to hear from you! Now I am aware that I could open myself up to a serious tongue lashing from some of you and that's ok. I have the POWER of the delete button! OH THE POWER! (Insert evil laughter drop)

How do you decide when to let something just drop, or when to go ahead and fight a battle. I can't go into specifics out on the internet, but this is something I am dealing with at the moment and really need to make a final decision soon.

I certainly know that I can't really trust myself because my competitive self has issues with control and as we all know WINNING! I don't trust myself to decide one or the other, because in moving forward I fear it's just feeding that pride/need to win. However letting things drop leaves me feeling frustrated and run over and not being an agent of change in how things are done.

How do I decided which road to go down?
How do you decide?

Insert Big Sigh: Life was easier when it was just me, my home, my family and that's all I had to deal with...

That section on my report card: "doesn't play well with others" I need to check with my mom and see how often that got checked off!!

Update: I stewed about it for a couple days, realized stewing is not fun and takes WAY more energy than I have, so I dealt with it and moved on...

3 comments:

JL said...

If it is at work I would weigh my options... How will this effect me in the long run? Is it in the best intrest of my students, my own kids? I learned a valuable lesson not too long ago, if it deals with the kids have your husband write it. E-mail me I would love to chat!

Alisa said...

I wish I could give good advice and be a peacemaker, but you know the main reason we get along so well is because we both share the "doesn't play well with others" characteristic! :o)

Miles, Allie, Marlee, Mace & Sawyer said...

Could this be a situation that Exodus 14:14 would help? Ex 14:14The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still.
-allie