Monday, February 18, 2008

Surrounded




As I drove home from church yesterday, I got very teary eyed. I couldn't really let out the good cry that was trapped in my throat, because the two kids with me just wouldn't understand how the tears were happy tears. It's interesting to me that you don't really experience the "happy tears" til you are older.

All I could think of was how grateful I was to be "surrounded" that morning. You see Jessica was baptized Sunday morning and as I stood in church I was just overwhelmed with all love that was surrounding those baptismal waters. Jessica was surrounded by her daddy's strong hands doing the baptism, so she had no fears. My sweet mom (teary-eyed) along with my dad, my sister and her family, my grandmother and great aunt. (How blessed Jessica is to have had her great-grandmother in attendance at such a milestone in her life.) Chris' sister, and mom and dad were there too. I was also so grateful as I looked out into the congregation and saw some family friends that become more and more dear to us with each passing day. They were there to support and surround Jessica with their love too! How blessed we are.

I am so excited for my girl as she begins her journey of faith and I know that God's love and grace surrounded her that morning and will continue to surround her forever.




3 comments:

JL said...

Such an awesome picture!

Miles, Allie, Marlee, Mace & Sawyer said...

I had tears in my eyes the minute I saw who was about to be baptized. They were for Jessica and both you and Chris. You could tell Jessica and Chris were thrilled and enjoying the moment.

Allie

Anonymous said...

Hey, Leray! Remember me...Ana Short? Last time I saw you was at Steven and Dora's wedding! I stumbled onto your blog through some Dallas connections. It is 3:15am and I am wandering around the house huge and pregnant with my THIRD! I love reading about your precious family...Joshua CANNOT be 10 and Jessica is just beautiful. I can remember your baby shower and getting all of this pink stuff and you just had no idea what to do with it. I have thought of that a lot lately...we have 2 little boys and are having ??? any day now. Some great ladies at church are giving me a shower after the baby comes in case I need some pink stuff...yikes, I can still see your face at your frilly shower at Jane's house. I can see/read by your blog that you are such a wonderful mother to a daughter. What a precious picture of her baptism. Ok, well, loved your blog...you and Chris haven't changed a bit! You look like you are 25! Your kids, however, look so grown up and just absolutely precious! Love you! Ana Hoeksema