Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's time...

If I had music as the backdrop to my life then a few songs we would be hearing right now might be:

It Ends Tonight By the All American Rejects
Workin' for a livin' by Huey Lewis and the News
"If I Could Save Time in a bottle" by Jim Croce

or probably most appropriately it would be the music you hear when you know Darth Vadar is approaching...

Summer is OVER and work starts for me tomorrow. Big sigh! I love summer and will miss it dearly!

Top 10 things I will miss about summer:
1. vacations
2. sleeping in
3. reading books
4. laying around in our jammies til noon
5. being the "good guy" and getting to say yes to lots of fun stuff
6. actually still being awake when Leno comes on
7. no schedule
8. talking to my sister EVERY DAY
9. vacations
10. sleeping in.
Yes, I will miss those double so they made the list twice.


Top 10 favorite memories of summer:
1. Watching Chris jump 30 feet into the Colorado River
2. Playing in the pool (yes I actually got in) with Joshua and Jessica at S. Padre
3. Staying up late hanging at the Steidley's (We will still hang out, I just can't stay up as late)
4. Going to The Lake
5. Watching Joshua water ski (for a few seconds)
6. Going to the Astros vs. Rangers game with Chris
7. Watching the 4th of July fireworks with the family
8. Seeing my friend Laura if only for a brief time and in the grossest McDonalds we have ever been to.
9. Going with Jessica to mini-camp
10. Getting pro on Wii tennis. ha ha.

There's more but I will stop with ten.

Ok well I guess I should try to get some sleep tonight, it's gonna be an early morning.

1 comment:

JL said...

Can I just cut and paste you blog into mine? It is 10 and I need to go to sleep, but I really want to savor every moment.