
I love to go to Barnes and Noble and get a new book. I rarely get my money's worth because I devour them too quickly. It's like cake or ice cream! Anyway, about 6 months ago or maybe even last summer I saw this book at Barnes and Noble, picked it up read the back and I think even carried it around the store a little while. Only to decide, no it's sounds too sad, it's a little "scifi" not my genre and put it back. Since then I think I have looked at it 3 other times, each time turning it down. Well I went to half price books on Saturday and gave in. I finished it last night. It was just what I thought, sad and strange, leaving more questions than answers. I am glad I read it, but felt alot like I did when I finished Life of Pi, I wanted to call the author and demand some explaination, some closure, a sequel SOMETHING! I guess one of the marks of a good book is when you are still pondering it the next day. I hear they are making a movie out of it, I don't want to see it. I always get a little irked when they make movies from books. It ruins the imagery you had in your mind when you read it.
Ok that's book talk for the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment