So in early summer it was decided that Chris and the kids would head to Houston in August and I would stay behind due to a prior committment. Secretly all summer I have been a little giddy over this idea. I don't think I have EVER been the one at home while everyone else gone. I was secretly excited to sleep in the middle of the bed each night, to wake up late and not have to fix anyone breakfast, then lunch, then dinner. (Just FYI I had a pretzel from target from lunch, pathetic) To have a couple days off from being the "Recreation Director" at Camp Havard trying to come up with free, but fun entertainment. I was looking forward to staying up late watching something other than Sportscenter. I was looking forward to "getting things done" such as my scrapbook and some back to work shopping. I was excited about getting to have dinner with a girlfriend and catch up.
Well, it's kinda strange or maybe just a commentary on me, but this morning when this day finally arrived, I kissed my man and my babies bye, and went back into the house, I was sad. I just wanted to go with them.
Sometimes what you think you want, you really don't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You just need some lessons. Embrace the quiet and get something big done. I know, you could come weed our yard.
Post a Comment