Now I am down to the wire, only 6 days left til I run The Half. I am ready to be done with this. I know the race will be fun, as fun as 13.1 miles can actually be. Not much I can do at this point. I plan to run a little this week. The best part of this week is that I am pretending that I need to do some "carb" loading over the 6 days so it's pretty much a free for all in the eating department! It will be sad that I will have to say yes, I ran 13.1 miles and yet still managed to gain 13.1 pounds!!
IN other news, we put up our Christmas tree on Saturday. This is my favorite night of the holiday season. We all get our jammies on, put up the tree and then have hot chocolate and cookies and watch a Christmas movie. Elf was the movie of choice. It's always a given that my kids (and Chris) will rewind the part when Buddy gets hit by the taxi cab, over and over and over and laugh hysterically. That's doesn't seem like the Christmas spirit to me!
I always get teary eyed when we put up the cute little ornaments the kids have made over the years. The ones with pictures usually bring out the tears. Chris just laughs and shakes his head at me, Joshua, he can't stand it when I cry so he said to Jessica, "quick do something funny, she is starting to cry!"
On a side note, i haven't had a quote of the week in a long time however today something was said to me that I felt was worth repeating.
Ok, so I am cleaning the house today and Joshua comes in when I am mopping the kitchen floor and says, "man, mom your working hard."
"Yes, I am just trying to get the house clean, it needed it." I respond thinking how nice it was that he noticed my hard work...
Joshua replies, "Hmmm, maybe you should change your name from LeRay to LeMaid."
I didn't have much of a response on that one, he went right on back outside to play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I see your son takes after his mother! I was going to stop reading if you said he took the mop and finished it himself!
ha! that sounds like a little chris! how cute.
good luck on your race!
Post a Comment