Tomorrow (Feb. 2nd) will be my baby girl's 8th birthday. WOW. It has gone so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in the hospital holding that precious girl. My newborn experience with her was so different than it was with Joshua, not better, not worse, just different. I wouldn't trade any part of either one. I loved how much I was able to enjoy her from the start instead of freaking out at each little thing like you do with your first. I can still remember a moment in the hospital it was late at night and it was just me and her in the room (I sent Chris home to be with Joshua) I was in the bed and kinda had her laying by me and all of sudden she rolled her little head up towards me and looked directly at me and right then it happened, I fell head over heels in what I call "mama love" with that girl , she stole my heart. She's had my heart ever since.
Fast forward 8 years and here we are. She is the sweetest child. She is smart, oh so creative, and has a heart of gold. I have so many favorite things about her so I thought I would list a few:
The girl loves her family! I love how she can't stand it if one of us is missing. It just puts her all outta sorts.
She takes care of everyone.
She loves animals of all kinds.
She is a GREAT friend. If I were 8 I would want Jessica to be my friend. Loyal as can be.
She is a leader. She doesn't always see it yet, but if she is comfortable in her surroundings, watch out, she will run the show.
She is honest. I have never met a child that will tell on herself, but she does. I pray that never stops! :)
I love how one minute she can be playing dress-up and searching for her lipgloss and the next minute she is wrestling with her brother or playing army with the boys!
She loves to snuggle.
She is generous.
She is funny.
She is beautiful.
I love watching my children grow up. It's so interesting to see who they are and see their personality blossom. I am so blessed to have her for my daughter. I think tonight I will take a little extra time to snuggle with her on her last night as 7 year old and talk about how great it's gonna be to be eight.
Thanks for letting me gush about my little groundhog.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jess! All of those things are so true about her she is an awesome young lady! Can't imagine where she gets it from! (wink wink)
how precious Leray! I just wanted to cry through that whole post! You are a sweet mother and I know you are so proud of her!
aw, leray, i love this post! and i too love having a girl! i'm glad to hear you say that you were able to enjoy the second one without always worrying like you did with the first. that will be a pleasant change for me! :) i hope lily and i can have the same sort of relationship that you and jess do. so encouraging.
Post a Comment