Saturday, May 3, 2008

FREEZE!




Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and keep them this way forever. Thankfully I realize that I have said that with every stage so far. I found this poem I wrote when we lived in Atlanta and I was up late one night, wishing to "freeze" time again... (Speaking of freezing, it was freezing this morning at the soccer fields, they had their arms in their shirts trying to stay warm!)

If I could keep them small I would...

I'd hold them in my grip so tight
protect them from the cold of night

Keep them ever near my chest
listen for each and every breath.

Carry them through each trial
and walk with them each mile.

I often think this plan is best
but God reminds me, in Him I rest.

God knew best when this power
to mothers he did not give.

See if they remain small and in my care,
a seed is all I'd have to share.

Slowly and gently God says, "Give them to me"
I will show you the flowers they will be.

I loosen my grip, and God takes my open hand...
I can't walk them through this land,
But I trust the ONE who can.

No need to comment and point out my "over protectiveness" screaming out in this poem, I am very aware of it already! ha ha!





1 comment:

JL said...

Great poem! Thanks for sharing!