Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day mom!!


I just wanted to do quick list of all the great things about my mom. She is by far the best around and here's just a FEW reasons why!


1. She is strong. I think this is one of the qualities I like the best in her and desire to have in myself.


2. She is not afraid of change. If I told you the story of her urban to country life change of the last few years, you would agree wholeheartedly.


3. She loves my dad. I think there isn't anyone that my parents would rather hang out with more than each other.


4. She is a good mom. I think she put aside alot of things in order to raise my sister and me. She was a mom that was truly "present" in the moments of my life growing up.

5. She is a FUN mom and a REALLY FUN grandmother! This only bugs me when I am on the receiving end of her "schemes" (ha ha)

6. She is a wise mom. She taught me the importance of seeing each side of a situation. She has a wonderful ability to empathize with others. She has a wonderful way sensing when to give advice and when to hold back and just listen.

7. She wasn't ever a "smothering" mother. She was pretty good at letting us make our own decision (even the bad ones)

8. She is extremely talented. Her art work never ceases to amaze me. How she can do what she does to a blank canvas is a true gift.

9. She is loyal. I wouldn't mess with anyone she loves, it could get ugly.

10. She is discerning. She is a great judge of character and situations. She knows how to "trust her gut".

I love you mom! Thanks for teaching me how to be a good mom to my own two. You were teaching me long before I even realized it.


LeRay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie -
I only wish I could take all the credit for what I see in you and your sister. The two of you are the most deidcated mothers I have ever seen. I want to thank you for being a good mom to my grandchildren. Some times I am sure it came in spite of what I did instead of because what I did. Though I hope those times were minimal.

Thank you for your kind list. It means a lot to me coming from such a wonderful mom. I love you too and Happy Mother's Day to you.
Mom.