Well it all started on a warm Friday afternoon when some friends asked us to come by and check on their pooch while they were away. No big deal, I thought, these are great friends and I am happy to do it. I innocently asked where they were headed and the response was, "the lake." Ok, I didn't want to appear dumb, because it seemed that I was supposed to know where this "lake" was, so I left it at that. Then a few hours later Jessica went to go play with her friend down the street and came back with a sad look on her face. Her friend couldn't play because they were getting ready to go to "the lake" and shortly after that I got a call seeing if Joshua could watch their dogs while they were gone. Ok, no problem, but my suspicions about this place called "the Lake" were beginning to grow. It all became very clear to me on Sunday when we were bored and tried to call some other friends to go eat dinner with us. No answer, hmmmmmm. That evening she called me back and just guess where they had been: "the lake." OK people, I have concluded that "the lake" is really code for some really cool party place where you are ALL going together and not inviting me!! Why? I ask you Why? What did I do to be left out of "the lake" Is it because you have heard about my one attempt at waterskiing and the atomic wedgie it gave me? Is it because you have seen how I can munch and you are fearful I will eat all your snacks? Is it because it annoys you because I don't really like to get in the water? Ok so on this last day of Memorial Day Weekend I have decided that if you call, I won't be around. I will be at "the lake" with all your doggies!!!!
I just had to add this update:
Tuesday morning, back at work and I ask a student about a math assignment that I had sent home to be done over the weekend. His response, "I couldn't do it, I was at
The lake all weekend."
4 comments:
You crack me up! BTW that dog is by far the cutest thing ever!
You are hilarious! If we ever get my dad's boat back in the water, we would love for you to join us at "the lake"! Right now all we do is eat, ride the golf cart, eat, nap, eat, sleep, etc. (It is quite wonderful actually! :o) ps - whose dog?
Hey LeRay!
I love your blog! Your kids are so precious...I can't believe how big they are!!!!
Ana (Short) Hoeksema
you're so funny! :)
Post a Comment