You got it, it's summertime for the Havard household. Alot has happened since I last posted. We'll play catch up in bullet points:
- Joshua's baseball team started tournament play. They lost their first game, won the next 3 then lost the fourth game by one run. Joshua decided to make it more interesting by getting strep throat, so he missed one game, but made it to the last one. I am working through my case of PBSD that I get each season. (that is Post Baseball Season Depression)
- The kids enjoyed field day at their school and quite frankly so did I. I even joined in for some of the fun. I appreciated the comments I got from volunteers after the event that my class was the "most competitive" and the "most polite" not sure which one of those things I am prouder of! Ha ha.
- Chris and I gave the kids a Wii. WOW the Wii is soooo fun. Wii can't stop playing it. My arm is sore from a pretty serious left hook I landed boxing.
- I said goodbye to 22 really sweet fourth graders, that are more than ready to become 5th graders. They go to a different campus next year for 5th and 6th grade so I won't see them too often. You do get pretty attached when you spend 35 hours a week with them.
- Joshua and Jessica finished up their year, they both had great years. It was bitter sweet watching Joshua play on the playground that last day knowing that was it. I really enjoyed being at the school with both my children. It will feel strange next year. Jessica and I will miss him being in the same building.
- I closed up the classroom on Thursday, it looked really empty and was way too quiet. I am sure you will all be shocked to know I am already thinking through next year.
- I was taken out to a very nice end of the year celebratory steak dinner, by my very sweet and handsome man.
- The June calendar already looks full of really fun stuff.
- Let the summer begin!!!!
4 comments:
I had a feeling your class would do well on field day! Wii are Wii lovers too! I can bowl a 175 in my house, but only a 99 at Main Event, what the heck!!
way to go on your first year back! i also love the wii. i think tennis is my favorite. maybe we can get together this summer and take on you and chris in doubles.
Nat,
I am pretty sure that Josh and I better not compete on anything! It might get ugly! ha ha. Just kidding, I think that would be a blast together. Let's have that match before you have that baby, I need the advantage!
Havards???? Long time....too long of a time! I saw your blog on a link of K.Greer's page and couldn't believe it! We, David and I, think about you guys all the time! It's so great to see some pics and read about your lives! Check out our blog too....We must catch up sometime!
Post a Comment