Joshua starts 5th grade tomorrow and in Wylie ISD that is a new campus, the intermediate campus.
Intermediate according to webster:
Main Entry:
1in·ter·me·di·ate
Pronunciation:
\ˌin-tər-ˈmē-dē-ət\
1 : being or occurring at the middle place, stage, or degree or between extremes
So he's off to the middle place between extremes. Sounds kinda scary and sounds about right. He's right in the middle of the two extremes, not a baby and not a man. He's so ready for a change. His last year in elementary school wasn't his favorite and I think if he had to go back there for another year he would be quite grumpy on this eve of the first day of school. Like I said, he's ready, I'm not. I will miss knowing that both my kids are in the same building with me, I will miss being the one that takes them to and from school, safely in my blue bus, I will miss being able to sneak peeks at both of them during the day. Chris and my dad both said just today that it's "good for him" I promptly replied, "I don't like you" since they weren't answering correctly. I know it's good for him, but that doesn't mean I won't miss him just a bit.
In fact teaching has not helped this part of me, all week I have thought about and prayed for all 22 goofy little faces I had last year hoping they all transition ok, knowing I am gonna miss them, even the ones that made me a bit crazy. I wish I could check in on all of them.
I haven't ever really been that great with change, however change and life are pretty synonymous so I know that I will have my moment and keep going and oh can you imagine the blog when Jess goes to intermediate or they go to junior high, high school, college, oh man I can't go there yet.
Thank goodness I still have my Jessica with me! If I tear up tomorrow she will do what she does best which is be sweet!
Check back tomorrow for 1st day of school pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi LeRay! I happened upon this and loved reading about your first day jitters! My girls, Kate and Jane (age 5 and 4) started pre-K and K a couple of weeks ago! Your family is gorgeous and I am so happy for you all! Reach out if you get a moment (laurie_walmsley@yahoo.com)- I'd love to catch up!
Take care,
Laurie Renegar Walmsley
Good Luck Joshua! And Good Luck to you too, my friend!
Post a Comment