Sunday, March 15, 2009

If you can't beat 'em join 'em


It's that time of the year that I lose my husband to March Madness. Today is selection Sunday and after that he slips into a coma of basektball games, flipping through channels and spending countless hours on the couch. I tell him to roll over every once in a while so he doesn't get a bed sore. In our college days I can remember spending countless hours over at his place watching these games. I impressed all the fellas with my knowledge of the Michigan Fab Five, and Duke (never liked that Bobby Hurley kid and North Carolina. However once I got that ring on my finger the wooing was over, I only keep track a little bit now. I like to watch the Aggies and I miss Acie Law. So now it's a Havard tradition that all 4 of us fill out our brackets and keep track of who is ahead, we usually have a small wager on it, like loser buys the rest a sonic blast, truth is daddy's buying no matter what! It usually the same results Chris wins, Joshua comes in second, me third and Jessica gets ticked off and says she quits. Her strategy is pretty much whatever team name she likes, gets the win. I am not far behind her. Well I may have do some studying on the side, secretly stay up late and watch ESPN tonight so I can make my picks and take the win this year. You all know how much I like to win!!!

1 comment:

JL said...

Glad to know someone else is married to a March Madman! I was so worried that I was going to give birth on the first day of the tournament and he would not even be there! Ha I missed it by three days! Bill takes either the first or second day of games off, and has since he was in grade school. Maybe we should have a Lambert v. Havard tournament??? You game?