Offensively
Lead off hitter
1 single
1 double
2 runs scored
Defensively
starting first baseman
2 unassisted put outs
She had so much fun. I must admit I saw "the look" that I watch for anytime my kids are doing something. You gotta watch for it. It's the look that tells you they like what they are doing, they are "into" it. Joshua has it when he plays baseball and basketball, more baseball but I see it in basketball too, or shooting a gun or doing a math problem or finishing a good novel. It's not just a "I am so happy" face because believe me there is lots of frustration in all those things, and he will tell you he doesn't like school, but it's more a "willingness to concentrate" type face. With Jessica I have seen it on the basketball court, at the art easel, finishing a novel, and riding a horse and now I have seen it on the baseball field. I think it's important to watch your kids, see what they love and are willing to work for in the different areas of their life. If you watch for it you can help guide them to make decision about these things, and hopefully one day find passions, and pursue them! If you don't watch for it, you end up pushing your own agenda and they are doing things because you want them to, not because they do. Just look around at your kiddos next sporting event, you can spot that poor miserable kid out there because his parents made him. I just try to make sure it's not my kid!
The video clip is of her first score. She was walked in so thus the lack of "urgency" on her part!
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment