
Two posts in one day wow! Look at me go.
Ok so I have decided to try the whole detox program starting on Monday and thought if I blog about the experience then maybe it would help hold me accountable. I won't be going into too much gross detail, but together we can see if this thing will help.
A little backstory for you:
I have been completely frustrated at my body lately. Trying shed just a few pounds has proven extremely difficult. I can go a few days of eating healthy, I can go a few days of excercising, but I don't seem to stick to it long enough to work.
While we were on our cruise I actually went to this seminar called "Detox for weight loss" which I thought was quite ironic because all we seemed to do on that ship was EAT. Anyway I listened to the fella explain how our livers have become toxic, and messed up due to so many things we put in our body. It can't do it's job properly and that messes everything else up. Etc.
I thought it was interesting and informative. We got home from our cruise and I tried to get back on track with my eating, cram train for my 10K and of course the scale didn't budge. Last Monday I got up and weighed myself and that was the final straw. I had spent a week eating healthier, ran a 10k and GAINED 2 pounds. Obviously something isn't working for me. That afternoon I got my mail and in it was my montly magazine from Lifetime Fitness, on the cover it listed an article called "11 day detox" and so that is when I decided to do it.
I shopped today. (dang it! eating healthy is expensive) and plan to start on Monday. I really wish I could take a week off of work to do this, but I kinda already did that for the cruise! So today I had some ice cream and tomorrow we will eat out after church then let the detox begin.
If anyone is even still reading this blog i have not gone off the deep end, I have not purchased some weirdo's "detox kit" and I will be consuming plenty of calories I think. It just doesn't seem like it will hurt to add more fruits and vegetables to my diet and maybe kick this addiction to sugar, caffeine, and all the other things in our highly processed foods. Nor will I preach to you about it either. :)
Check back Monday night for an update.
No comments:
Post a Comment