Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Detox day 3

Day 3, hmmmmm. It was a mixed day for sure. The day started positively with my step on the scale! yippee! I had my yummy mushroom and parsley quiche I had made the night before for breakfast it was goooood! I also chomped my way through a salad at lunch which was quite the victory for me! I usually only like salads that someone else makes! I know it's a little strange. I even used a homemade vinegarette dressing. My salad had carrots, celery, cauliflower (was God a little bored when he made that veggie?) and some leftover turkey I had cooked. It was good.

So the first half of my day was positive, the second half has been a struggle. I have NOT cheated though I really wanted to. Food has been all around me this afternoon it seems. I cooked Jess a grilled cheese tonight and I think it was talking to me, saying "eat me", but I didn't. Then I had to make the grocery list and was trying to decide what to make the family so I was looking and thinking about food alot. I got depressed. Once I finish this "detox" what then? Never have sugar again, no more wonderful warm cup of coffee, bread!! TOAST! Chris can attest to this I could LIVE on toast!! So I read a little from the detox book about what is suggested after the detox and it is pretty much more of what I am doing right now if you want to be strict. There was a section called the "cheaters diet" which allowed for one type of "bad" food a week. WHAT! That's no fun.

So I felt defeated for awhile, but came to the conclusion that I won't be doing ALL that, but I will take what I have learned and tweak it to work for me. I definitely need lots more fruits and veggies and lots less processed crap, I get that and think I can do it! I also have learned that I do want to buy more organic fruits and veggie and meat that hasn't been treated with all those hormones. That alone will be a healthy change that I think my whole family can participate in.

Did you know that the fruit that Americans love the most are the ones that are the most heavily treated with pesticides. There is thought that this accumulation of pesticides can be linked to weight gain. Who knew strawberries could make you fat!

If your interested here are the top 10 toxic fruits:
strawberries, cherries, apples, mexican cantaloupe, apricots, blackberries, pears, rasperries, peaches.
the top toxic veggies:
spinach (one of the most heavily sprayed), hot and sweet peppers, celery, and potatoes.

I think these things are worth buying organic.

Food for thought I guess.

I am over my little crisis for the moment and my headache was much better today. It would come and go. I am tired and not sure if I am officially "detoxed" until I quit wanting to grab the
oreos and eat the whole dang bag!

No comments: