Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Detox day 9

I made it all the way through the fasting day without hurting anyone! Miracle! By the time I was going to bed, I was pretty much out of energy, but I was surprised that I hadn't felt that way all day. Breakfast was on the counter, ready to be mixed and cooked and I was READY to eat when I woke up. I had, what the lady in the book calls "scrumptious apple squares" I disagree. I would have rather just had a cooked apple with some cinnamon sprinkled on it...I ate it though and today I added yogurt too. It was nice to have something creamy. Lunch was carrots, cauliflower and a lean, organic beef patty, I smeared a little hummus on it. It was good. I haven't been hungry much of the rest of the day. I had some raspberries for dinner. I know I know, that's not exactly how this plan goes, but I am busy.

Eating healthy is hard work. I have sliced, diced, blended, processed and steamed more this last week than my whole life!

I think it has paid off. I have 2 more days till I am "done". I need to spend these days figuring out where I go from here.

Drumroll please....
I have lost a total of 9.5 pounds so far! I was hoping for 10 so maybe that will come off in the next few days.

I think it's interesting how I could drop that weight and no one notices. I didn't tell anyone at work I was doing this just to see if anyone would notice. Not so much. Oh well. That's ok, it's really the scale that I need to keep "talkin to me"

No comments: