Sunday, June 10, 2007

Funny Things Overheard

I finished keeping my neices and they were returned to their mommy and daddy safely Friday night. My neices are well known for the very clever things that come out of their mouths so I kept a mental note of some of the things I heard them say and thought I would share it with you guys. It's my mommy equivalent to Letterman's top ten list. (except my mental notes fail me at the moment and I only have seven)

"my mommy always..." followed by something I wasn't doing just like my sis does! I tried to explain I was the closest DNA match to her mommy that she was going to get at the moment.

"Uncle Chris you look silly" this was stated first thing in the morning when Leah saw Chris without his glasses.

"I was a baby in my momma's tummy" this was uttered to every person she met. It was so cute, a little FYI about her. I soooo wanted to explain a little more of the birds and the bees to her so she could have more to add to it next time she said it around my sister, that would have been hilarious, but I was scared of the paybacks!!

"I miss my mommy" now this was to be expected, but when this was uttered a mere two hours into their stay, I was scared!!!

"My mommy can hear me crying from here." This quote came at the park when she was so tired. She was crying then just stopped and said that! I had to keep from laughing and just reassured her that yes, I am sure mommy knows you are crying.

"Do you want to play Rich People when we get home?" I heard this one in the van on the way back from somewhere. I have NO IDEA what this game is, but count me in. Maybe they sip pretend lattes while getting pedicures and the maid is home cleaning!!!

"You're brave Aunt LeRay" this was the quote of the week, because the little one said it when I was helping her in the bathroom. HA!!!!

1 comment:

JL said...

Those are awesome! Dare I even ask what "Brave LeRay" does? ew!