HMMMM! I am really starting to think it isn't the thought that counts, at least in some areas of life. I learned last night that a friend is moving away very soon and I started to have some regrets, which of course set me to thinking. How many times do I "think" about getting together with friends, but never seem to get around to it? How many times do I "think" I need to call someone, yet the sun goes down on another day and I haven't done it. How many times do I "think" I should email that sweet friend in another state, yet I waste my time writing blogs or reading the paper online. It really is kinda pathetic to think that I have more and more tools available to me to connect with friends, yet I still manage to procrastinate or get busy etc. I am missing out on something when I choose to remain self-centered or "too busy" Last night when I learned that my friend is moving I realized, I grew complacent in the idea that I could see her when I wanted instead of actually following through on it. My loss.
It's the "tyranny of the urgent" getting caught up in what must get accomplished right now instead of trying to also remember to do that which is important.
What's the solution? I am not sure, but I think I will call a friend and see if she wants to meet for lunch to chat about it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that all of the time. We really have no excuses these days for not staying in touch with anyone. I think I need to e-mail a few people myself! HAve a great trip! Did Jess start feeling better?
preach it girl!
i can't believe they are headed out of here! how is she with it all?
love you! and hope your vacation is dreamy.
Post a Comment