Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Dad is cooler than your dad!!!





Now before you go getting all miffed at the title, I was just kidding around. However I still will say I have a very cool dad!! Here are just a few things that I love about my dad or things that he has taught me over the years:

I love the fact that he survived in a house with all chics! No easy task, I am sure his doctorate in psychology paid off in ways he never expected.

I love the fact that my dad is the most honest person I know. Growing up, my mom and sister enjoyed making up things to tease me or try to make me believe something. All I had to do was find out the truth from dad, he wouldn't lie!! This really irked my mom and sister!

I love the fact that my dad doesn't do anything half way. When he wants to learn or do something, he throws himself into it. Over the years, what he is into may change, but never how he attacks the process wholeheartedly.

I love the fact that my dad was overprotective! This use to drive me crazy, but now I understand!

I love the fact that I NEVER left the house without hearing him say "I love you" often more than once.

I love the fact that my dad is completely crazy about my mom, always has been, always will be and never afraid to show it!!

I love the fact that my dad is full of corny jokes and puns!!!

I love the fact that my dad takes really good care of his mom.

I love the fat that my dad is extremely generous and there are never "strings attached"

I love the fact that my dad likes my husband.

I love the fact that I could call my dad right now at this moment and say, "I need your help" and he would immediately do whatever he could.

I love the fact that my dad loves me unconditionally. This one gift has done more to shape me and give me the confidence every girl needs growing up. I have never for one moment felt unloved by my dad! Thanks Dad!

And lastly, I am glad that my children get to have the coolest grandfather around.

Happy Father's Day Dad!!

3 comments:

JL said...

You should really think about an editorial section for the newspaper as a job. You are really great at this! Better yet, why don't you try 4th grade Writing! : )

LeRay said...

good idea, i think i will set up all my students with blogs of their own and let them write write write, I am sure WISD won't have any problem with that! it would be a writing grade AND a technology grade!

Pen the Tale said...

Sweet words. Encouraged me to blog for father's day!

So good to see you today!