Monday, June 25, 2007

13 Years

Today is our 13th anniversary!!! 13 may be considered unlucky to some, but to be honest with you, with each passing year I am more and more convinced that I am the luckiest girl in the world. I think I have been in love with Chris Havard since I was 11 years old and saw him in Mrs. Carnes 6th grade English class. We had to write in our journal about some topic that she put on the board and I still remember that when she asked who would like to read their journal to the class, Chris volunteered to read. This caught my attention because I would have rather had a severe case of the flu than to do anything in front of other people. Just the mere asking for volunteers sent me into a cold sweat and attempt to shrink as small as possible or deep into prayer asking for the gift to become invisible. So yep, that's when I first noticed the skinny little blond boy. I have been infatuated ever since. His first memory of me was in gym class, I think it was the short purple polyester gym shorts that caught his eye!! HA!!! Anyway, 6th grade started a sweet little journey down a road full of blessings, adventures, a deep friendship and a "knowing" that I am extremely grateful for.

If you have any knowledge of Chris then I think you are probably aware of how completely spoiled rotten I am by him. I am not sure why, but the fella is the sweetest thing to me. I don't deserve it, I am moody as all get out and often selfish. Yet he continues to love me unconditionally, speaks nothing but kindness to me, always helps me in any way possible and always always puts me and our children before himself.

In many ways he is still the cute 6th grade boy I knew, he still doesn't mind speaking in public, he is still as funny as ever, laughter is never absent from us, he even still seems to like me in my gym shorts, but with each passing year, he just gets more and more amazing to me. I am blessed to have somehow managed to snag him and keep him for 13 years, here's to many many more...

5 comments:

Pen the Tale said...

Awww, i bet chris was crying like a baby reading this...

It's a wonderful thing to have an amazing hubby. And he is blessed to have you.

And, WE are blessed to have both of you in our lives. You guys mean a lot to us!

Happy Anniversary...a day late!

Robin Muse said...

Congratulations on 13 years!! I can vividly remember thinking (during your second and third years of marriage) how blessed I was to be able to witness a godly marriage of young people! I am so excited to get to keep up with your lives via your blog! Thanks for sharing your heart!
Robin Riggs Muse

JL said...

Thanks for sharing with us. Seeing the love you have is inspiration to others!

Changed by His Love said...

You and your marriage still inspires us - we plan regular date nights and kids' swap nights because you all taught us that - and lived it out.

Jae Runsick said...

LeRay,
Not sure if you'll see this since I'm like a week after your post but here goes...
I actually read this last week but had little time to comment with a newborn and siblings running about!

Anyway, it was such an appropriate entry for me to read first b/c to me (and David) this is the Chris and LeRay we will always remember and admire! The two of you are a great example of a strong, fun, growing Christian marriage and we were so blessed to get to observe its "workings" for a few years!
You taught us so much in word but so much more in action!

We miss you but we know that you're where you're supposed to be!
Have a great rest of the summer!
Hey to Chris for us!
:) Jae