Chris and I just returned home yesterday from a fun trip to Newport, Rhode Island. We dropped off the kids EARLY Wednesday morning at my sister's house and headed to the airport. We flew into Boston, rented a car and drove over to Newport. Before I begin the usual "here's what we did" part, can I just take a moment to say, I REALLY don't like to fly. I don't like the waiting, the lines, the searches, the other people that just bug in too many ways to mention. (though I could, but you wouldn't think I am very nice person, if I went on that rant!!) I don't like the take offs at all, Chris laughs at me, but I get nervous. I really really think it would just be a really yucky way to die. Chris tried to lovingly point out, "It would be really quick and over with fast." I just didn't take comfort in that since he pointed it out DURING take off!!
Ok, so we make it to Newport and we find our very nice B&B get settled in and then head to the movies. Kinda funny we went all that way to do something we could have done right by our house, but that's the beauty of it, we can do whatever we want. We saw Oceans 13 and then headed into the harbor area downtown and had a late dinner. Thursday morning we went sailing on this beautiful boat, relaxed on the front porch of our place and then did the "Cliff Walk". The cliff walk is about 3.5 miles of walking trail, some paved some rocky, that runs along the coastline. You have the Atlantic Ocean on one side and some beautiful mansions on the other. Friday we toured one of the Mansions called The Breakers, built by the Vanderbilt family. I told Chris if I had been alive back then I would have worked really hard to marry into that family!! Another mansion was hosting a flower show. This felt like a true Kennedy, Cape Cod, New England experience. We had lunch outside on this amazing lawn over looking the Atlantic with a tall ship moored just in the distance. Ladies in fancy hats were enjoying the festivities while a 5 piece band played. That night we had a nice dinner at the oldest tavern in America. Saturday we got up, checked out and went "trot trot to Boston" (sorry) walked around little bit and then went to the airport (taking a "scenic" route due to a map problem which some might claim was user error, but I say they need to hire a better cartographer @*&^%!!). We got home late, but were greeted with hugs and kisses from Joshua and Jessica.
Monday is our actually anniversary so check back on a post about that tomorrow.
2 comments:
oh, you guys are such a cute couple! i hope that josh and i are that cute and in love at 13 years too! just like i've always said - Chris Havard is the coolest man alive. (and he's blessed to have you too!)
I am so glad you and Chris got married. Such great things have happened - our daughter is happy, really do like (and love) Chris, and our lives have been enhanced by two of our four wonderful grandchildren.
Mom
Post a Comment