Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Can't a girl get a break



OK can I vent for a moment? Yes I can because it's my blog! This has not been my best day. I know in the grand scheme of things life can certainly be ALOT worse and yes in my rational moments I know that. However, I don't want to be rational at this moment so go ahead and picture me arms crossed, pouty faced and stomping my foot.
So I had the day planned out (shocker I know). I currently have 4 children under my roof ages 9 to 3 and all goes best when you have a little something for them to do. So we hung out at home all morning had an early lunch and then headed out for the afternoon. NOW some of you motherly types might be thinking, "Hey what are you doing taking a 3 year old out AFTER lunch doesn't she need a nap?" Hold you horses because in my expert planning I had already thought that through. We were going to the dollar movie at 12:40 where she would either sleep during the movie or at least relax and then crash on the way home. So we head out the door (no easy task) and I even picked up a 5th kid to go with us, so Joshua would have a buddy.

We drive to the movie and this is where things started to go awry.
We all pile out of the van (I think this is quite a sight to those around) get up to the ticket counter. I ask for 6 tickets to Firehouse Dog, thinking I should get a group discount or something. Ticket girl smiles and says "It's sold out" SCREEEEEEECHHHH crash (that was the sound of the wheels coming off) I almost pulled out the $50 from my wallet and said "listen chic please please go take 6 people outta that movie and put us in, do you see what i am dealing with here?"

So now we gotta get to plan B. I decide to go back near home, run by sonic and get them drinks then head to a nearby park to let them play and eat the candy I had pre bought and was sneaking into the movie. (quit judging, you know you do it too) While at sonic I get a route 44 diet vanilla coke and I am thoroughly very excited to get to the park and sip on my drink while I eat my hot tamale candy. (the two are quite dreamy together) So we arrive at the park and we all again pile out of the car. I set my drink down to help Leah (3 year old) down from this small retaining wall so she can go play and PLOP, there goes the lovely diet vanilla coke on the ground. It was like slow motion "nooooooooooooo". I threw away the busted cup with a lump in my throat and had a small pity party for a moment. Well it didn't last too long at the park because the little one was soon reduced to an exhausted puddle on the playground and we had to head home. So much for planning!

I think we ALL need a nap. I know I do.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hi LeRay!! Found your blog from Sim. I used to be at PBC with you all in the youth!! Fun to read the updates and your kids are BEAUTIFUL and too big! Cannot believe how big they are! Hope you and Chris are doing great!

Jessica M.

Pen the Tale said...

man, that makes me sweat just thinking about taking that many kiddos out alone.

you are also making me lust after the yummy drink. my fav is cherry vanilla diet coke or dr. pepper.