Friday, June 29, 2007

Quote of the Week

I like quotes! Do you like quotes? I keep a running list of quotes in the notes page at the back of my Bible. I know a good quote when I hear one because they usually make me stop, and go "hmmmmm". SO I think I am gonna start a "quote of the week" on my blog. Some will be funny some will be serious, but hopefully you will enjoy them and feel free to add to them.

drumroll please....

"Can anyone tell me what's wrong with our family?"
Actually I found this one funny and noteworthy because it was said by Jessica while the four of us were dining at Chili's and acting a little goofy. If she feels this way at 7, imagine her thoughts at 16?

"We are too busy for His glory"
I have been listening to Beth Moore's Bible Studies online and she said this and it struck a cord with me. God is doing amazing things around me all the time and I often miss it because I am too busy. "Be still and know"

Ok well I know that was two quotes, but you will live.

On a completely different side note: I am sitting here this morning and my house looks different to me, what is it? OH, yes that's it, the SUN is coming through the windows, I forgot what my house looks like with the sun shine coming in. Please: rain, rain go away, come again another day.

2 comments:

Nat Pat said...

i am with you on the rain thing. looking forward to more quotes!

JL said...

I think you might know my mom. Every comment she leaves starts with "Be Still..." To that I say...when I retire!