Sunday, August 5, 2007

Road Trippin

LeRay vs. Chris in the mapskills, Chris wins!!!
We made it!!!
She's such a great traveler, Joshua is in the back asleep! (yes Poppy he IS buckled!!)
Yes, that's Chris, with my shades on then his glasses on top!

Well after a long day yesterday we made it to Colorful Colorado. It was a long 7 hour drive and a few too many one lane highways, but it wasn't too bad. The kids were wide awake the whole time until of course we got into Colorado and they slept right through the beautiful scenic mountain drive. Here are a few pics from our road trip.

I included one picture that tells the difference between Chris and me. It's two sets of directions side by side. One done by me and one done by Chris. I am sure that you can guess who did which one. I would still be driving lost in the mountains if is weren't for his skill with the map!! At one point I was driving and Chris was sleeping and Joshua was VERY nervous that I didn't know where to go! "Maybe we should wake up daddy" he said at one point and I wasn't EVEN lost.

We are finishing up our first full day here at Horn Creek. It's been fun and the kids are going non-stop and we are trying to keep up. We signed up to whitewater raft on Tuesday and ahorseback ride on Thursday.

Check back later for more pics! Some of you might be thinking I am crazy, why are you blogging on vacation? Well, I enjoy it and I enjoy it even more when I am sitting here looking out this big open window with the mountains right in front of me and smelling the cool mountain air and afternoon rainshower.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm cracking up at the directions differences! Totally me!

So glad y'all are having a good time!

JL said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

The trip sounds like it is off to a wonderdul start. Jessica and Joshua are ready for the horses I am not toon sure about the parental units. Just remember the one rein stop. The mountains, cool air and rain shower sound great especially since it is hitting 99 today in the Longhorn state. Have fun - Mom/Katty

Changed by His Love said...

HA! Love the story of the maps and such - we already knew that about you and him, but I digress...
Sounds like you all are having a great time!! Jessica looks so tall and beautimous - she seemed so young when you left the ATL.